Glass Vase hand painted in style inspired from the motifs of Mithila / Madhubani Painting.
Lotus, Shankh and flower motifs features on the vase border in this Mithila style art. The colours were restricted to red, green and white with hint of yellow to highlight a border sort of look.
Most of my furniture where I intend to keep the pieces are dark in colour from Brown to Mahagony to Black, so while working with Glass vase and candle stand I found out light and bright colours come out better , so the use of white in place of usual black for outlines turned out to be good.
With Glass as base, Acrylic/ Enamel paint was used as mode of paint to highlight the details which is important to Mithila art.
Paint: Acrylic/ Enamel
Mode: Handmade Painting
Artist : Nupur Nishith
This is first glass vase in the series of two where similar vase were painted with variation in style to give each one a distinct look. I’ll post the other vase as it is ready.
Other paintings on Glass on this site:
- Wine Glass handpainted in Mithila Painting (Decor Item)
- Glass Vase handpainted in Mithila Painting (Yellow base)
- Glass Vase handpainted in Mithila Painting (White base)
- Candle stand handpainted in Mithila Painting
- Glass Vases handpainted in motifs of Mithila Art
- Glass Vase and Candle stand in Mithila Art
- Glass Candle Stand in Mithila Style