Lotus, Shankh and flower motifs features on the vase border in this Mithila style art. The colours were restricted to red, green and white with hint of yellow to highlight a border sort of look.
Most of my furniture where I intend to keep the pieces are dark in colour from Brown to Mahagony to Black, so while working with Glass vase and candle stand I found out light and bright colours come out better , so the use of white in place of usual black for outlines turned out to be good.
With Glass as base, Acrylic/ Enamel paint was used as mode of paint to highlight the details which is important to Mithila art.
Paint: Acrylic/ Enamel
Mode: Handmade Painting
Artist : Nupur Nishith
This is first glass vase in the series of two where similar vase were painted with variation in style to give each one a distinct look. I’ll post the other vase as it is ready.
Other paintings on Glass on this site:
- Wine Glass handpainted in Mithila Painting (Decor Item)
- Glass Vase handpainted in Mithila Painting (Yellow base)
- Glass Vase handpainted in Mithila Painting (White base)
- Candle stand handpainted in Mithila Painting
- Glass Vases handpainted in motifs of Mithila Art
- Glass Vase and Candle stand in Mithila Art
- Glass Candle Stand in Mithila Style