Wine glass handpainted with motifs inspired from Mithila / Madhubani Painting. The painting is highlighted with motifs of Lotus and flowers in the base.
I wanted to give the work a twist so painted the glass from inside. The reflection of the painting made on inside of the glass gives a nice texture and smoothness when you see it from outside. In this I limited the colours to gold and white to give is a brightness since I was painting it all filled up with opaque paint and also add a twist to the work.
Unfortunately you can’t drink in this Glass since it has been painted inside out. However it can be used as a decor item. Here in this pic I have used it as a Candle stand.
With Glass as base, Enamel was used as mode of paint to highlight the details which is important to Mithila art.
Mode: Handmade Painting
Artist : Nupur Nishith
Other paintings on Glass on this site:
- Glass Vase handpainted in Mithila Painting (Yellow base)
- Glass Vase handpainted in Mithila Painting (White base)
- Candle stand handpainted in Mithila Painting
- Glass Vases handpainted in motifs of Mithila Art
- Glass Vase and Candle stand in Mithila Art
- Glass Candle Stand in Mithila Style
Update: I have been informed its a Margarita Glass not a Wine Glass. Apologies for my unawareness. I can be excused for that being a non drinker. 😉